Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
SOLVED

Challenge #127: US Grand Prix Lap 2 - Employee Retention

dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
127.PNG
JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_127_jc.PNG
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

I didn't finish this challenge in 10 minutes by Tool version problem.

We must right click at tool and down the version 1.1 to 1.0.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1603595063857.png

JP_SDAK
8 - Asteroid

I definitely wouldn't have made this round - couldn't get the correct answer until I remembered I needed to set the Tool Version for models to 1.0  (discovered this in Predictive Analytics course).   Once I did that it worked great.  I also used Model Compare to determine which tool to use (in addition to checking I output accuracy rating)  prior to scoring.

Spoiler
JP_SDAK_0-1605501403498.png
JP_SDAK_1-1605501452187.pngJP_SDAK_3-1605501550124.png

So, all three of these confirm that the Decision Tree model is the better predictor.

JP_SDAK_4-1605501651672.png

EricaR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Looks like I did everything correctly,  but could not get the desired output.  Others have said the same... versioning issue. 

TraceyD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I only got the right answer after I saw a tip from @JP_SDAK  to set the version to the predictive tools to 1.0.  It took me a while to figure out how to do that (right-click on each tool), but I don't know why that matters.  If anybody knows, I'd appreciate an explanation!

BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1613753040367.png

Thanks to others for pointing out the issue with the tool version (Right click and revert to 1.0 for both predictive tools).  I put the Logistic regression tool in a container and disabled it to avoid re-running each time.

mot
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is a good simple one! 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I kept scratching my head why the Decision Tree model wasn't providing the correct answer until I figured it might be something in terms of changes in the Designer - reset the tools for 1.0 and voila.