Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
SOLVED

Challenge #127: US Grand Prix Lap 2 - Employee Retention

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

It is clearly described how the models should be entered, however, no employee is awarded a predicted probability to leave above ~.35 so none of the records join (using 2019.2 here, so perhaps some changes were made within underlying R packages such as C5.0, cart, partykit?)

Anyways, I did what was expected in the challenge and I wasted a lot of time to figure out why my results are different

Spoiler
127.png
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Getting in some last minute practice ahead of my grand prix prelims next week!

Spoiler
Challenge 127.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Couldn't get the same answer, then saw the posts mentioning versions which I'm confident is the reason...

Spoiler
Challenge 127.PNG
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 127 is done!

Spoiler
challenge 127 JMS solution.PNG
hanykowska
11 - Bolide

As others using newer versions, I couldn't get the same results... Definitely spent too much time trying to fix that

Spoiler
image.png
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Had it built in under 10 minutes, but took a long time to figure out why I was getting no results >= .5.  Finally looked at other newer replies and found the need to revert Decision Tree to earlier version.

Spoiler
Workflow 127.JPG

Laszlo_D
8 - Asteroid

image.png

I slightly reinterpreted the challenge. Because of tool version discrepancies I decided to use all the available predictive tools to see if I can get similar records with any of them. The answer is no. I created my own list of employees by unioning the result from all the predictive tools and keeping the ones which came out of more than one tool.

JamesFo
8 - Asteroid

KeithZ
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
2019-11-14_15-29-42.png

My predictive tools aren't outputting >= 0.5 probability. Either are other solutions I've downloaded... probably the difference in Alteryx versions since this challenge is 1+ years old. I'll still chalk this up as a win?!

mbogusz
9 - Comet

Hmmm... interesting that the newer version of the Decision Tree and/or Score tool aren't backwards compatible with the older versions.

Spoiler
2019-12-03 08_19_06-Greenshot.png