Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
SOLVED

Challenge #127: US Grand Prix Lap 2 - Employee Retention

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

FYI: You must use the latest version of Designer with the new Decision Tree tool (with the HTML interface). The Decision Tree tool found in older versions does not produce the same result. 

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

good catch, @CharlieS!

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Ladarthure doesn't look like you missed anything. good job!

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@PeterF Ha! That is interesting and I didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

Attached is my solution.  Finished it in 10 minutes.  I would have been faster but Alteryx was running REALLY slow for some reason and I also missed that the new variable was to be used in the model when I created it.

Fun!

Nico
5 - Atom

Here's my approach to solving this one.

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here is the answer I showed at Inspire. Good job everyone!

The final lap posts next week - get your spatial skills ready!

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

FINALLY! Even with like 500% more time than I had during the Grand Prix, this was still a challenge for me. BUT I feel like there might have been an "Aha!!" moment at long last, and I think some pieces of this predictive process are finally starting to click together for me... 

Also, connecting the right output from the predictive model is a super important step. (* Face palm *)

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge127.JPG

Cheers,

NJ

JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@NicoleJohnson I know you were looking forward to seeing this one again. I'm glad you feel better with the "Aha!!" moment!

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Took me 9 minutes. This one ran slowly for me, and needed lots of runs to populate the fields. Plus I had to redo the formula tool 3 times because I kept using the wrong date..... Great exercise in figuring out which model is more accurate.

Spoiler
image.png