community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #126: Fill in the [Date] Gaps

Meteor

I could definitely cut some tools out after looking at other solutions, particularly in generating rows from 2017-10-01. My solution attached. Fun challenge! 

Asteroid

Alteryx Partner

My solution to this week's challenge is attached.

Asteroid

Generated dates for the first time.

Meteor

Very interesting challenge!

Aurora
Aurora

Wanted to do this one a little differently than the approach taken by @patrick_digan and @NicoleJohnson - so used one of the TimeSeries tools.

BTW: @JoeM - the question text may need alteration - it should start from 2017-10-01 (not 10 Jan 2018) to match the sample output ( @AGoyal was the first to spot this).

Spoiler

I went around this a different way than the Generate Rows solution:
- Get a unique list of countries
- Then get a unique list of dates; adding on the boundary dates (01 Oct 2017; and today's date).    To complete this list - use the date-time filler tool to fill any gaps.
- then do a cartesian join using the append tool
- then sum up the existing and the new rows to get the final answer.

2018-09-10_6-43-37.jpg
2018-09-10_6-45-03.jpg

Alteryx Certified Partner

Here's my solution. A pity TS Filler can't be grouped or this would've taken fewer tools.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2018-09-10 at 23.07.09.png
Meteor

Here's my solution

Meteor

I do not normally use generate rows, so this was a great challenge to try new tools! Add one more to the tool belt! 

Meteor
Spoiler
challenge_126_ShokatAli.PNG