community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #126: Fill in the [Date] Gaps

Asteroid

Hello,

This one confused me i must say. I had more records than the answer. Took me a while to realise my today isnt the answers today :(

Spoiler
126.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
wk126.PNG

So many different ways to tackle this one! 

Pulsar

Little late to the party.  6 tools!

Spoiler
image.png

I haven't used the Generate Rows tool a lot, so I didn't think about having it just populate the dates, rather than a numeric row ID.  So I used a few more tools than necessary, but I got there anyway. 

Also, doing it a couple days late, I had to manually set the date (rather than using DateTimeToday()) to get my results to match exactly.

Spoiler
WC126.PNG 

Alteryx Partner

And here is my solution, JIT!!

Asteroid

Pretty similar to the rest.

Great little puzzle, I even can spot the day I passed ;)

Spoiler
2018-07-27_8-48-01.jpg
Alteryx Partner

My Solution! Not pretty but it works :)

Meteoroid

First post and first challenge completed.  I am betting there are more efficient ways to accomplish, but I got the correct result with about 20 minutes of fumbling around.  Loving the Alteryx. 

Spoiler
Accomplished with Unique (for countries), Formulas (max Date), Generate Rows (to pad dates), Append, Two Sorts, Select, Join, Union, and a Running Total.  Added a summary to compare my work to the desired output.  Tough challenge, but fun.  challenge 126.jpg    

Meteor
Spoiler
Weekly challenge 126.png

Actually took me 1 hour...but enjoyed it!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution attached...

Spoiler
Challenge 126 - Capture.PNGWorkflowChallenge 126 - Capture Chart.PNGRunning total of exams passed