Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #126: Fill in the [Date] Gaps

NurulShi12
8 - Asteroid

I could definitely cut some tools out after looking at other solutions, particularly in generating rows from 2017-10-01. My solution attached. Fun challenge! 

CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

PCORMIER
7 - Meteor

My solution to this week's challenge is attached.

Vinutha
8 - Asteroid

Generated dates for the first time.

benbenjoy
8 - Asteroid

Very interesting challenge!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Wanted to do this one a little differently than the approach taken by @patrick_digan and @NicoleJohnson - so used one of the TimeSeries tools.

BTW: @JoeM - the question text may need alteration - it should start from 2017-10-01 (not 10 Jan 2018) to match the sample output ( @AGoyal was the first to spot this).

Spoiler

I went around this a different way than the Generate Rows solution:
- Get a unique list of countries
- Then get a unique list of dates; adding on the boundary dates (01 Oct 2017; and today's date).    To complete this list - use the date-time filler tool to fill any gaps.
- then do a cartesian join using the append tool
- then sum up the existing and the new rows to get the final answer.

2018-09-10_6-43-37.jpg
2018-09-10_6-45-03.jpg

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. A pity TS Filler can't be grouped or this would've taken fewer tools.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2018-09-10 at 23.07.09.png
ebarrus
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution

AKnutson11
7 - Meteor

I do not normally use generate rows, so this was a great challenge to try new tools! Add one more to the tool belt! 

sh0kat
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
challenge_126_ShokatAli.PNG