Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #124: Air Transport Network Analysis

clant
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution, I did it for the UK which worked really well with the filter set to >50. In all honesty I didnt get why this was so good until I switched it to a smaller set of data so I could see what was going on.

Could someone explain what the movement of the points means when I have this set to other countries and the US? It looks great but I dont get it.

Thanks

chris

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I went for the top 3 UK airports (Heathrow, Gatwick & Manchester) and their destinations

124.PNG

Spoiler
124.1.PNG
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! Cool to use a tool I previously knew NOTHING about... and therefore very thankful for Community/Help articles about how to configure the thing :)

Spoiler
Struggled to get this one to visualize as well, but after being VERY patient and walking away for a few minutes, got it to show up! 278 airports using the top most trafficked airports in the US.

NetworkVisualization.JPGWeeklyChallenge124.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This was a good one to familiarize myself with the Network tool. I decided to visualize Deutschland (Germany), which has three airports over 500: Frankfurt, Munich, and Düsseldorf. This resulted in a network of 297 airports. 

Deutsche Flugreisen.png

kat
12 - Quasar

First real go at predictive tools. Quite chuffed to find 278 airports :) 

Spoiler
Challenge #124 .PNGChallenge #124 - network analysis.PNG
Prab
7 - Meteor

Welp, this was fun while it lasted.

Solution attached.

Spoiler
Spoiler
 124.PNG

arein0
8 - Asteroid

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Rendering took quite a long time for the United States, but it does work! Solution was similar to others. Combed the community for tips on using the tool, and rendering to an output not just a browse.

Turned it into an app so user can pick the country. Give it a go!

image.png

fharper
12 - Quasar

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed