Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #123: When will Rabbits Rule the World?

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)

Spoiler
January 2022...I just used two multi-row formulas to calculate rabbits population
Female population:

iif([Age]<4,1,([Row-4:FemalePop]-[Row-24:FemalePop])*3+[Row-1:FemalePop]-[Row-24:FemalePop])
Male population:

iif([Age]<4,1,([Row-4:FemalePop]-[Row-24:FemalePop])*1+[Row-1:MalePop]-[Row-24:MalePop])

challenge_123_richobsj.PNG
ipeng
8 - Asteroid

Took me a while to solve this one. I got the date and bunny population right. But my human population is 24 more than the solution output. Don't really know why...

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Didn't quite come up with the same rabbit population, but the same human population and same date.

Run away! Run away! (Such a great movie!)

5705398763_c89e614af9_n.jpg

Spoiler
Challenge 123 - o.PNG
Challenge 123.PNG
elliemason
8 - Asteroid

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'll probably spend weeks looking at other people's solutions to this one. I have to confess I did have to look at this in a spreadsheet to sort out the generations and that thinking is definitely reflected in my solution.

Spoiler
I haven't looked at all the solutions so someone may have done something similar. I held onto all the rows and used a 24-level multirow formula to subtract the dying rabbits and also to add in new mature females so I didn't try to keep track of ages.
Alekh
9 - Comet
Spoiler

123..png

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Spent too long here trying to get my dates right, turned out I was getting them to breed to early. Nice iterative macro 🙂

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Really enjoyed this one 🙂

Spoiler
We will be overrun in 49 months!
(although that's counting from 0, so 50 months for most people...)
 Challenge 123.PNG
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Was getting an earlier date than the expected result.  I had put in ">= 4" months instead of ">4" months, so my bunnies were breeding early.  Fixed and now match the expected result date.

Spoiler
Macro 123.JPG