community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #123: When will Rabbits Rule the World?

Quasar

Another non-macro solution.  Transpose to get all the required values in one column and then multi-row the bejeebers out it.  I interpreted the problem to be rabbits can start reproducing at 4 months old, but have a 1 month gestation period.  The first clutch of rabbits is born at the start of month 5

Spoiler
Result.pngsolution 123.png

Dan

My interpretation of the problem lands me with 01/02/2022 as a few others have, but go go multi-row formulas!

Asteroid

That was a fun one! It definitely took some thinking. Cheers!

Asteroid

Challenge Completed

Asteroid
Spoiler
After looking at some of the other solutions, I regret not using a custom bunny icon for my macro!

Main workflow:

challenge_123_workflow.PNG

Iterative macro:
challenge_123_macro.png

Asteroid

Here is my solution...

Same month... slightly off numbers...

Alteryx Certified Partner

Got the same date but numbers are slightly different!