community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #123: When will Rabbits Rule the World?

Asteroid

This was a fun one. I still havent worked out how to make the macro stop so if anyone can help me with that id appreciate it!

Thanks

Chris

Quasar
Spoiler
this took me a good while to solve! here it is with the 7 month earlier answer.

Challenge #123 final.PNG

macro:

Challenge #123 iteration.PNG
Alteryx Partner

Spoiler
Also bit different numbers, but same month.  

BunniesHuman PopDate
7848615603361838892022-08-02

Capture.PNG

Bolide
Bolide

Hi @clant,

You'll need to structure your workflow so the iteration macro output comes after the filter (i.e. only send it back thru the loop until the criteria is met).  I've just given you a simple snapshot from your workflow to show how the logic should work.  Given that you've summarized the data prior to the filter you may need to reconstruct the dataset downstream before sending it back through  Hope this helps!

Spoiler
iteration.JPG

What version was this made in? I can't open the file with 11.0.3.

Thanks,
Ben

Asteroid

Thank you @ggruccio that makes sense! I just have to append the summariesed data back to it then do the filter.

Asteroid

Hi @benjamesdavis, I did this in 2018.2 sorry, i just upgraded mine the other day.

thanks

chris

Asteroid

First iterative macro and I certainly learned a ton. Hope to use these more often in my daily work.

Bunny.jpg

Alteryx Partner

This one expanded my horizons a bit with iterative macros!

Bolide