Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #123: When will Rabbits Rule the World?

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)

Spoiler
January 2022...I just used two multi-row formulas to calculate rabbits population
Female population:

iif([Age]<4,1,([Row-4:FemalePop]-[Row-24:FemalePop])*3+[Row-1:FemalePop]-[Row-24:FemalePop])
Male population:

iif([Age]<4,1,([Row-4:FemalePop]-[Row-24:FemalePop])*1+[Row-1:MalePop]-[Row-24:MalePop])

challenge_123_richobsj.PNG
ipeng
8 - Asteroid

Took me a while to solve this one. I got the date and bunny population right. But my human population is 24 more than the solution output. Don't really know why...

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Didn't quite come up with the same rabbit population, but the same human population and same date.

Run away! Run away! (Such a great movie!)

5705398763_c89e614af9_n.jpg

Spoiler
Challenge 123 - o.PNG
Challenge 123.PNG
elliemason
8 - Asteroid

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'll probably spend weeks looking at other people's solutions to this one. I have to confess I did have to look at this in a spreadsheet to sort out the generations and that thinking is definitely reflected in my solution.

Spoiler
I haven't looked at all the solutions so someone may have done something similar. I held onto all the rows and used a 24-level multirow formula to subtract the dying rabbits and also to add in new mature females so I didn't try to keep track of ages.
Alekh
9 - Comet
Spoiler

123..png

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Spent too long here trying to get my dates right, turned out I was getting them to breed to early. Nice iterative macro 🙂

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Really enjoyed this one 🙂

Spoiler
We will be overrun in 49 months!
(although that's counting from 0, so 50 months for most people...)
 Challenge 123.PNG
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Was getting an earlier date than the expected result.  I had put in ">= 4" months instead of ">4" months, so my bunnies were breeding early.  Fixed and now match the expected result date.

Spoiler
Macro 123.JPG