community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #122: Think Like a CSE...Ranking Data

Meteoroid

My first challenge response. 

Alteryx Certified Partner

Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 122.JPG
Meteor

I love a good muliti-row tool.

@JohnPo,

I thought that I was clever and see that while @NicoleJohnson was first she included a SELECT tool that made her solution readable, but added 33% more tools to the canvas.  @patrick_digan and others used the RECORD ID with the desired MTRank name to minimize tools on the canvas.  Coming to this party a day late, I was glad to be invited.  Sorry that I brought the same gift.

PutItOverThereWithTheOthersGreaseball.gif

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Meteoroid

my submission below 

Pulsar

And here I thought I was being sneaky using RecordID.  I'll lean on that whole "Great Minds" adage.

Spoiler
Pretty standard approach.  Like a few other people, I included the sort tool, even though the data was already pre-sorted.
WC122.PNG
Meteoroid

This is my second challenge. Learning from the community members...

Spoiler
spoiler.JPG
Meteoroid