Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #122: Think Like a CSE...Ranking Data

Tberney
8 - Asteroid

Really just too easy using the Record ID Tool

Spoiler
Tberney_0-1593402622021.png

FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx

I thought at first that we had to calculate the absolute rank of each individual value and built a macro for this, only to end up realising a simple summarize tool solved the actual problem.

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
PriyankaaJ
7 - Meteor

Challenge #2 for me, and I learned a new tool!

Spoiler

PriyankaaJ_0-1595097966391.png

jimmygatliff
6 - Meteoroid

Felt good about this one!

Nicholas_Norton
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
snaps56_0-1599093067834.png

The multi row formula is super useful for this. The desired output has a normal rank (achieved with the Record ID Tool), but repeats the previous rank number if the rating was the same. So you can use the Multi-Row Formula Tool to see what the previous rating was, and simply repeat it. 

I enjoyed this one!

mithily
8 - Asteroid

mithily_0-1599177434185.png

Basically a multirow formula after sorting and creating a record id:iif ([RecordID] !=1 and [Rating]=[Row-1:Rating] ,[Row-1:SQLRank] , iif ([RecordID] !=1 and [Rating]<[Row-1:Rating], [RecordID],iif([RecordID]=1,1,0) ))

bjkay30
8 - Asteroid

I was actually shocked when I got this one with only two tools.  I figured I had taken a shortcut that I shouldn't have.  BUT, glad to see that most everyone else has the same solution.

Spoiler
bjkay30_0-1599572307498.png

JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_122_jc.PNG
Billigans
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Billigans_0-1600827973574.png

ClintonF
Alteryx