community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #121: World Cup 2018!

Pulsar

8 tools with regex :)

Spoiler
Ironically, my first two tools concatenate the data rather than parsing.
image.png

@MarqueeCrew I'm turning in my weekly assignment.

Spoiler
I used a few more tools than I wanted since there's no multi-row multi-field tool built in.
Capture.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
capture.png

My solution with a special shoutout to @NicoleJohnson for solving with fewer tools than I did.  I went above and beyond to be unique.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.

@patrick_digan,

Fewer tools than @NicoleJohnson.  Nice work.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Quasar

Here is my version of solution. 

workflow.PNG

Bolide

Had fun with this one! Started down my usual path of removing null rows, assigning a record ID, and using Make Columns, but decided that @NicoleJohnson and I shouldn't be using the same methods week after week. So, went down another path.

7 tools. Added in @MarqueeCrew's checking tool to verify my solution. Thanks Mark!

I would like to include the images in a lovely report, but I'm struggling with some of them not downloading correctly. TBC when I get those all working. But for now....

Spoiler
image.png
Alteryx Partner

Mine feels a little messy, there are loads of text to column tools used here and I'm sure it's not the most efficient. I really struggle with Parsing and RegEx. But I got there in the end.

Spoiler

Challenge #121 My Solution.PNG
Bolide
Bolide

Got to the matching output fairly quickly.

Then added an optional report that combines the schedule, photo, and caption for each stadium.  (see example in spoiler tag)

Spoiler
Stadium Example.JPGReport Example
Meteor

Getting the hang of some Regex_Match formulas.

Hi, here is my solution...!!

Spoiler
C_121.PNG