Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #121: World Cup 2018!

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I came down somewhere in the middle on the number of tools. Probably could have pared it down more with some creative RegEx work.

Verakso
11 - Bolide

All though this seemed a lot like the weekly challenge # 20, I perhaps went to quickly down that rabbit hole.

I did manage to match the result, and it ain't pretty, but it could get me into the award category for most tools used.

Spoiler
2019-03-20 10_03_58-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_121_solution_verakso.yxmd.png

I had the intention on taking this challenge furter, and do some extra creativity as suggested by @JoeM, but after spending another hour on this I gave up and submitted this.

My idea was to use the image links provided, and the generate a report with the stadium name, over the picture of the stadion and a table with the games on the side. But as I wrote I could not get that to work, and I could not seem to figure out, why the image tool did not like the image blobs that I could fetch.

But there is still plenty of Weekly Challenges I have not yet solved, so eventually I will get to it.

Still Climbing
/Thomas

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to challenge 121

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

Solution. Probably a better way,  but overall happy to use some regex

Parinita
6 - Meteoroid

Hi you can also find my solution here for this Challenge. I just gave it a try! ;) Here I have used RegEx to Parse the Values required for the Output. Hope it will help you.

Also let me know if you have any queries regarding this? 

Thank You. :)

payam2
8 - Asteroid

Oh I miss the World Cup! Those beautiful games... 

Vidya26
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Realised that I forgot to upload my solutions to this challenge.

(original reply with solution image is above)

gguedes1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Charlie,

I'm still working on the problem from my end, but I found your engineering to solve the problem quite elegant.

Your process was easy to follow and your end product is very impressive.

Just thought I would share.

Thanks

anaibeth
8 - Asteroid

This one was tricky for me with all the parsing, text to column, but i finally madeit. Here's my solution

challenge 121.PNG