Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #121: World Cup 2018!

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I came down somewhere in the middle on the number of tools. Probably could have pared it down more with some creative RegEx work.

Verakso
11 - Bolide

All though this seemed a lot like the weekly challenge # 20, I perhaps went to quickly down that rabbit hole.

I did manage to match the result, and it ain't pretty, but it could get me into the award category for most tools used.

Spoiler
2019-03-20 10_03_58-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_121_solution_verakso.yxmd.png

I had the intention on taking this challenge furter, and do some extra creativity as suggested by @JoeM, but after spending another hour on this I gave up and submitted this.

My idea was to use the image links provided, and the generate a report with the stadium name, over the picture of the stadion and a table with the games on the side. But as I wrote I could not get that to work, and I could not seem to figure out, why the image tool did not like the image blobs that I could fetch.

But there is still plenty of Weekly Challenges I have not yet solved, so eventually I will get to it.

Still Climbing
/Thomas

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to challenge 121

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

Solution. Probably a better way,  but overall happy to use some regex

Parinita
6 - Meteoroid

Hi you can also find my solution here for this Challenge. I just gave it a try! ;) Here I have used RegEx to Parse the Values required for the Output. Hope it will help you.

Also let me know if you have any queries regarding this? 

Thank You. :)

payam2
8 - Asteroid

Oh I miss the World Cup! Those beautiful games... 

Vidya26
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Realised that I forgot to upload my solutions to this challenge.

(original reply with solution image is above)

gguedes1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Charlie,

I'm still working on the problem from my end, but I found your engineering to solve the problem quite elegant.

Your process was easy to follow and your end product is very impressive.

Just thought I would share.

Thanks

anaibeth
8 - Asteroid

This one was tricky for me with all the parsing, text to column, but i finally madeit. Here's my solution

challenge 121.PNG