Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #121: World Cup 2018!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

generic.png

Last week's solution can be found HERE!

Let the games begin…the World Cup games, that is! For this Week’s Challenge, we’re going to list the scheduled matches for the 2018 World Cup.  Create a workflow to parse the input data to create a sorted list (by date) of the scheduled matches and their locations, as well as the host stadium’s capacity of cheering fans.  There’s plenty of room for creativity with this one, from reporting to app building, so feel free to make it your own!

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm looking forward to some RegEx solutions that don't use so many Text-to-Columns tools. 

SuzanneMc
6 - Meteoroid

I had to time box this one, practicing for the certification exams, for some crazy reason, my RegEx ^\d* worked on all but the parse choice so, I took the lengthy text to columns path.  My not elegant but correct solution.

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My version, same problem, some regex would have made it a lot cleaner but quite challenging, nice one !

bnjmnsmith
8 - Asteroid

Here's what I've got. Lots of fun Regex opportunities! I'm interested in seeing who can make theirs the shortest.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! With a special shoutout to @MarqueeCrew. I have learned the error of my non-Expect-Equal-Tool-using ways. :)

Spoiler
Combo of my secret-weapon Make Columns tool + Text to Columns + a little RegEx... overall, fairly pleased with a reasonably small number of tools!

WeeklyChallenge121.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

AGoyal
8 - Asteroid

My first entry. A little long, but I will get there.

ckings
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Next step would have been to make an analytical app that allows the user to select the date and have the report populate automatically! There is easier ways to do this though.
Challenge 121.PNG
SnehaMatte
5 - Atom

My first weekly challenge! Long, and no regex. Hopefully can only do better in the coming challenges.

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

A bit brute force at times and not as elegant but definitely gets there!