community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #120: Popular Baby Names

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

@patrick_digan,

Are you suggesting that CReW should create a "Expect Close Enough" macro?

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.

@MarqueeCrew

I look forward to testing the expect close enough macro at #alteryx19

Here is my response to my first weekly challenge. It may not be as pretty as some of the others, but I did it... I have much more to learn.

Meteor

About the same as everyone else!  I added a formula and crosstab at the end to create a table by year showing name and occurrences for each gender.

Capture.PNG

Alteryx Partner

Hi,

I'm new to Alteryx and this is my first challenge, so I'm trying to take it easy. I may not have got there the most efficient way but I think I'm there. 

Challenge #120 Workflow Solution.PNG

Meteor

Completed!

Meteoroid

Hi! Still trying to grip on this! Lol. I initially did an odd Sort that screwed up the frequency of names. I actually had to take a peak at a few other solutions to see where I was going wrong (sorry if that's cheating). Obviously there are a ton of quicker ways to get the solution but as I get more comfortable I'll be using half the tools. HA

But I finally got there!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 120 SG.PNG

Meteor

Atom

Solved.

Alteryx Partner

Hello, 

Below my solution :)

Spoiler
image.png