Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #120: Popular Baby Names

arein0
8 - Asteroid

trodriguez91
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
challenge_120.jpg
simons
6 - Meteoroid

Spoiler
 Capture.PNG

javila
7 - Meteor

Took longer than I had hoped (make to change your strings to a different data type) but here is my solution! Pretty much the same as a few others here. 

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Love challenges like these with large data sets.  

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Nothing like a weekly challenge to allay the post Inspire blues! I wanted to go a least tools route, so was determined to do all of the parsing in a single formula tool (which also let me rename and assign data types immediately)

Natural instinct is Regex_replace. But like @patrick_digan, noticed this was SLOW. So, used combinations of Left, Right, Substring, Length. Ugly formulas but they work and they're fast!

Only different approach I took was a Make Columns tool instead of the Filter/Join combo. Thanks @NicoleJohnson for introducing me to this tool in a challenge long ago.

Spoiler
image.png
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My version of the challenge, different from the others, used a summarize join instead of a sample first :) 

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I went down the same route as @patrick_digan

Spoiler
120.png
kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #120.PNG
haroon_sa
10 - Fireball

Here is my workflow.