Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #120: Popular Baby Names

itsJMR
5 - Atom

I had to look at the solution because I was lost with the parsing portion and the transpose portion. Going through the answer helped me better understand these new tools because I was able to learn through the interactive lessons provided by Alteryx. I still need a firm grasp of these fundamental tools so that I can better use them alone without having to peak at the solution. 

farzeenw
6 - Meteoroid

I found this to be just right in terms of how challenging I found the material after going through the first 3 and a half weeks of the ADAPT program.

I am not going to lie though, I had to look at how my fellow community members handled the splitting of Male & female columns. I hadn't considered using the filter tool until I saw it used elsewhere and then I was like "No way. I could have done that!"

I hadn't used the Formula tool so I got to experiment with that tool for this worksheet to extract the Year from the one of the columns.

Spoiler
workflow.JPG
dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
120.PNG
eurekasong
6 - Meteoroid

Challenge #120

pvercosa
6 - Meteoroid

Challenge#120

adrilarotta
8 - Asteroid

I'm pretty sure this is not the more effective solution, but is the one I found... Keep on practicing to solve these challenges in a better way

adrilarotta_0-1592440085813.png

adrilarotta
8 - Asteroid

@ChristineB What can I do to reduce the time it takes to process each time you run the workflow, it took ages everytime I run it, I tried to put the tools inside a container and disabled it, but then the final tool didn't get any data, anyone knows it??

gregchristensen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
gregchristensen_0-1592444542873.png

gregchristensen
8 - Asteroid

@adrilarotta wrote:

@ChristineB What can I do to reduce the time it takes to process each time you run the workflow, it took ages everytime I run it, I tried to put the tools inside a container and disabled it, but then the final tool didn't get any data, anyone knows it??

Hi @adrilarotta,

I also tried to use the Data Cleansing Tool to filter out the Year from the FileName field but I found it to be incredibly slow.  I ended up using the Formula Tool and the Substring function which performed much faster.  Other than that, our workflows look very similar!

sumanthskumar
8 - Asteroid

Number 26

Spoiler
sumanthskumar_0-1592491985055.png