community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #120: Popular Baby Names

Atom

Hey so I really liked your solution. For me the simpler, the better.

I was having trouble understanding why you needed the sampling tool? But I also noticed when I tried to run the workflow without it, the workflow was taking forveverrr to run. Does the sampling tool limit the data size? If so, does it apply the tools after it, to only the sample data or to it all.

I guess I need to learn about the tool itself. xD

Thanks for sharing!

Highlighted

Here is my solution. It was funny this challenge. 

Atom

My first challenge...!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Asteroid

solution attached

Meteor

My Solution

Asteroid

fast! my solution

Alteryx Partner

Done :)

Spoiler
Challenge 120 solution.PNG
Meteor

They need more diversity with male and female baby names.

Great problem with a great solution.

Atom

Done :) 

Alteryx Challenge 1.JPG

Asteroid
Spoiler
Using regex makes parsing out the dates from the file name easy, I'd have previously split the field on a delimiter and used more tools to do it. 
Ended up being a bit lazy and saved renaming the field until the end within the join tool.
Challenge 120.PNG