Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #12: Creating an HR Hierarchy

aclaxton
8 - Asteroid

Got stuck trying to have the input just come from one source and then renaming in the join. But eventually got there with my first iterative macro! :D

Spoiler
Week 12.png
Natasha
9 - Comet

I solved this challenge a while ago without the macro as I didn't read the instructions properly. Took me a lot of trial and error and a peek at the solution to do a macro properly

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 22.45.37.png
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

asabau
8 - Asteroid

Quite challenging to figure out. Relied a lot on other solutions.

Cheers!

maxjohnson02
8 - Asteroid

Wooo boy this one was tough. I had to peek at the solution to polish off my macro but I got there.

bdaniels
8 - Asteroid

package attached

locunhalima
7 - Meteor

The same as solution, learning Iterative Macros.

ivoller
12 - Quasar

I found that one to be quite a challenge. My problem was that during testing I had nothing attached to the output of the macro so I kept just seeing the first iteration. Attaching a Browse fixed this eventually but until after I had a lot of fun playing with the Excellent X-Ray Browse tool!

Iain

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I ended up doing pretty much the same as the solution. What a great exercise for understanding the iterative macro!

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid

I needed some help with this one:

Spoiler
Week 12 macro.PNGWeek 12.PNG