community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #12: Creating an HR Hierarchy

Hi, I don't know if I can ask questions about the challenge in this forum or If I should be asking somewhere else but I was wondering how the system recognizes the Iterative output from the final one? Does it depend on order or on name? Are there certain rules? I got introduced to macros through this challenge and I'm trying t o understand how it works and how it applies to this challenge particularly. 

Thanks in advance! 

Laila

Asteroid

The same solution as the one that was initially provided. 

Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler
Challenge 12 MP.png
Spoiler
Challenge12.PNG

Asteroid

Definitely overthought on this one for way too long... Had to peek at solution for a Northern Light. Way simpler than my original attempts. 

Extra step to group by count of employee and sort count descending to get output nicely sorted by seniority (assumes role W/highest hierarchy count to CEO is most junior role) . 

Spoiler
RL_challenge12_Macro.pngRL_WK_12.png
Spoiler
Challenge_12_solution.png

Here is the macro:

Challenge_12_macro.png
Alteryx
Alteryx

I ended up making 2 versions 1 hard coded and 1 using a macro.

Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG
Asteroid

All,

This was a great challenge as I had never really used the Bridge Table.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

-Cheers!

Matt

Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Screenshot.png
David Wilcox
Senior Software Engineer
Alteryx
Alteryx Certified Partner

I was waiting for a long time to finish this one as I didn't understand macro's at all before. But after doing more challenges I learnt how to tackle this as well

Great stuff doing these challenges!

Spoiler
12 overview.pngnothing more hierarchical in nature than mount everest

Spoiler
12 iterative macro.pngfun use case for dynamic rename and dynamic select together