Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #12: Creating an HR Hierarchy

otresca
7 - Meteor

Solution

PhilBalderson
8 - Asteroid

Superficially this looks so easy. I felt sure there was a way multiple joins could solve this. I'm sure there's an easier way, but hey ho it works!

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

It took me quite a while to do this one. But it is a very good opportunity to learn iterative macro.

Solution attached. 

CapriceW
8 - Asteroid

Here goes!

chandler
6 - Meteoroid

I just did this on my own; My iterative macro engine has many tools in it; but I was able to build my solutions the way I was thinking about solving the problem. 

By the way, I just started learning Iterative Macro. so any feedback is appreciated. Capture.PNG

EmanueleE
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

1.png

here another solution! i didn't use an iterative Macro.

GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Had to have a peak at the solution, but it turned out to be a great exercise to learn how to build iterative macros.

Tip I've just learned: while building the macro, right-click on the Text Input tool and then Convert To Macro Input saves you time versus dragging and dropping a Macro Input tool and manually setting up the Template Input data

Verakso
11 - Bolide

I have been dancing around this for a while, but finally managed to make my second iterative macro ever in Alteryx (but properly not the last)

And it is called an iterative macro on a purpose - it took me several iterations before I got mine to work ;)

Spoiler

First I made this macro

MacroMacro

On a personal note, do not set the »Maximum Number of Iterations« to high, otherwise you just send time watching all the errors it can spit our :D

So using this macro, my workflow was pretty simple WorkflowWorkflow

And my result matches the one provided - so I am happy

Thanks for a great challenge

Best Regards
/Thomas 

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

More backfilling of some old challenges...

Spoiler
2019-01-14_22-36-03.jpg
Iterative macro:
2019-01-14_22-36-23.jpg
hugolees
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
2019-01-15_12-45-46.png