Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #12: Creating an HR Hierarchy

LailaBene
5 - Atom

Hi, I don't know if I can ask questions about the challenge in this forum or If I should be asking somewhere else but I was wondering how the system recognizes the Iterative output from the final one? Does it depend on order or on name? Are there certain rules? I got introduced to macros through this challenge and I'm trying t o understand how it works and how it applies to this challenge particularly. 

Thanks in advance! 

Laila

Cosmin_S
8 - Asteroid

The same solution as the one that was initially provided. 

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

Spoiler
Challenge 12 MP.png
lavanyadurai
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Challenge12.PNG

rslopez2
8 - Asteroid

Definitely overthought on this one for way too long... Had to peek at solution for a Northern Light. Way simpler than my original attempts. 

Extra step to group by count of employee and sort count descending to get output nicely sorted by seniority (assumes role W/highest hierarchy count to CEO is most junior role) . 

Spoiler
RL_challenge12_Macro.pngRL_WK_12.png
Johnny_Analytics
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge_12_solution.png

Here is the macro:

Challenge_12_macro.png
DanielMS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I ended up making 2 versions 1 hard coded and 1 using a macro.

Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG
Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

This was a great challenge as I had never really used the Bridge Table.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

-Cheers!

Matt

DavidW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
Screenshot.png
David Wilcox
Senior Software Engineer
Alteryx
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I was waiting for a long time to finish this one as I didn't understand macro's at all before. But after doing more challenges I learnt how to tackle this as well 😄

Great stuff doing these challenges!

Spoiler
nothing more hierarchical in nature than mount everestnothing more hierarchical in nature than mount everest

Spoiler
fun use case for dynamic rename and dynamic select togetherfun use case for dynamic rename and dynamic select together