Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #12: Creating an HR Hierarchy

otresca
7 - Meteor

Solution

PhilBalderson
8 - Asteroid

Superficially this looks so easy. I felt sure there was a way multiple joins could solve this. I'm sure there's an easier way, but hey ho it works!

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

It took me quite a while to do this one. But it is a very good opportunity to learn iterative macro.

Solution attached. 

CapriceW
8 - Asteroid

Here goes!

chandler
6 - Meteoroid

I just did this on my own; My iterative macro engine has many tools in it; but I was able to build my solutions the way I was thinking about solving the problem. 

By the way, I just started learning Iterative Macro. so any feedback is appreciated. Capture.PNG

EmanueleE
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

1.png

here another solution! i didn't use an iterative Macro.

GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Had to have a peak at the solution, but it turned out to be a great exercise to learn how to build iterative macros.

Tip I've just learned: while building the macro, right-click on the Text Input tool and then Convert To Macro Input saves you time versus dragging and dropping a Macro Input tool and manually setting up the Template Input data

Verakso
11 - Bolide

I have been dancing around this for a while, but finally managed to make my second iterative macro ever in Alteryx (but properly not the last)

And it is called an iterative macro on a purpose - it took me several iterations before I got mine to work ;)

Spoiler

First I made this macro

MacroMacro

On a personal note, do not set the »Maximum Number of Iterations« to high, otherwise you just send time watching all the errors it can spit our :D

So using this macro, my workflow was pretty simple WorkflowWorkflow

And my result matches the one provided - so I am happy

Thanks for a great challenge

Best Regards
/Thomas 

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

More backfilling of some old challenges...

Spoiler
2019-01-14_22-36-03.jpg
Iterative macro:
2019-01-14_22-36-23.jpg
hugolees
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
2019-01-15_12-45-46.png