Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #12: Creating an HR Hierarchy

Brian6
8 - Asteroid

that one made my head hurt

CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

yavdaanalytics
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
image.png
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I had every intention of writing an iterative macro, I promise, but as I was messing around with the loop that I want to iterate through, I came up with this, which is annoying because I now have to start all over again to do it with a macro...

challenge12.png

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ok, here's my solution with iterative macro

challenge12 macro.png

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

My solution is basically the same as the given solution. This took me way longer than it should have - I definitely need more macro-building practice!

Spoiler
Main workflow:
_workflow.PNG

Macro:
_macro.PNG

nnilz
8 - Asteroid

Learned a lot about iterative Macro's by replicating community solution

JoBen
11 - Bolide

That was a fun one! Cheers!

S_Summers
6 - Meteoroid

Done as a hard coded solution - need to now have a go at using iterative macros!! Not sure which bits would have to change if the hierarchy was deeper? Possible the append tool when it reaches a limit of 16...?

Spoiler
Challenge12.JPG
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution... tried to get the Hierarchy set in the macro but could not do it... cannot pass an additional variable to the next loop (that I could find)... curious to see what your solution looks like...