community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #119: Inspire Weekly Challenge

I agree, I believe the expected response is incorrect.  No spaces between letters and it provides "/" rather than ".-.-.-" for the period.

Quick comment to give @ credit to two of the “Team Awesome” Weekly Challenge members who are now new members of the Alteryx Community... welcome, @Smclerran & @Bradg!! It was so great having you two on our team, and I’m looking forward to seeing the cool things you continue to discover while exploring this incredible Community resource! See you at the next Inspire!!

Cheers, NJ

As I looked through other answers and talked to @DultonM about something unrelated to this challenge, I realized that I completely over complicated my solution in my rush to get it done.

Spoiler
I use the Find Replace tool all the time, but I'm usually just using it to append data. I completely didn't realize that you could replace multiple items when using it for replacing. That little fun fact makes my solution much simpler:
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Sr. Learning Strategy Manager
Sr. Learning Strategy Manager

@DataRangler, sorry for the delayed response. We are all flying home from our conference today. Good catch - I mistakenly uploaded the wrong file in the heat of our live session. It's been updated to have the latest version. 

Aurora
Aurora

:-) nice way to spend the time in the airport, waiting for the outbound flight.

Super over-complicated compared to some of the solutions posted above

Spoiler
Did this in the 3 phases posted in the problem.     After looking at the other solutions I could have done this MUCH easier by using the power of the replace tool; and the ability for Text to Columns to ignore blank results.

Phase 1:
2018-06-08_14-14-15.png

Phase 2:
2018-06-08_14-14-47.png

Phase 3:
2018-06-08_14-16-09.png

Meteoroid

This was kind of cool to take a reference from the web and then utilize it when decoding data.

Spoiler
challenge119.jpg
Meteoroid
Spoiler
challenge119.jpg
Bolide

Not entirely sure if posting here is kosher, having had a big hand in designing this, but here's my solution :)

Asteroid

Summited!