Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #119: Inspire Weekly Challenge

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

THIS SESSION IS NOW LIVE: WATCH VIDEO BELOW!!!

This challenge is a special Inspire edition and will have rules for completion! Complete the following challenges in order as they are listed. Once you complete the first challenge, you will graduate to the next tier of challenge, until you summit! Use the 'expect equals' to quickly verify you have completed each level. At the end of 20 minutes, we will see who has ascended the most levels

Base Camp: You've already arrived at basecamp - you opened this workflow!

Camp 1: Decrypt the morse code message to a clean readable text. Hint: There is a space between morse code letters and a '/' separating words

Camp 2: In the message from camp 1, parse out the expedition ID and use it to find the 'accident' for that expedition.

Camp 3: Recompile the message in 'accidents' back into morse code. Hint: Make sure there is a space between characters and a '/' between words. Check your answer against the expected output by connecting it to the 'expect equals' tool.

Try entering your message at: https://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html

Summit: Post your workflow back to the Community!

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@MarqueeCrew + Sean McLerran + Brad Graybehl + @NicoleJohnson

byarsmc79
7 - Meteor

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It's not pretty, but I finally got it.

bnjmnsmith
8 - Asteroid

I had an awesome time! Shout out to my awesome team-members! It was great to work with you guys!

@mpolin @eworabo & Paula!

kcgreen
8 - Asteroid

Took me longer than 20 minutes but I got there eventually

Spoiler

119.JPG

bnjmnsmith
8 - Asteroid

Apparently I don't know how to tag people correctly. Advice?

Krit_Gable
8 - Asteroid

It took me quite some times to figure it out that the expected out response of the start package pattern are different from the  message  that you manually convert ( I'm not sure is it only for me only or not) 

you should get message from 'accidents' and try to convert yourself first from the url provided

anyway it was fun to do :) 

willyc2
5 - Atom

Success!

TerryT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Super Fun!

Spoiler
challenge_119_TTT.PNG