Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #119: Inspire Weekly Challenge

adampowers
5 - Atom

I agree, I believe the expected response is incorrect.  No spaces between letters and it provides "/" rather than ".-.-.-" for the period.

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Quick comment to give @ credit to two of the “Team Awesome” Weekly Challenge members who are now new members of the Alteryx Community... welcome, @smclerran & @Bradg!! It was so great having you two on our team, and I’m looking forward to seeing the cool things you continue to discover while exploring this incredible Community resource! See you at the next Inspire!!

Cheers, NJ
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

As I looked through other answers and talked to @DultonM about something unrelated to this challenge, I realized that I completely over complicated my solution in my rush to get it done.

Spoiler
I use the Find Replace tool all the time, but I'm usually just using it to append data. I completely didn't realize that you could replace multiple items when using it for replacing. That little fun fact makes my solution much simpler:
Capture.PNG
arein0
8 - Asteroid

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@DataRangler, sorry for the delayed response. We are all flying home from our conference today. Good catch - I mistakenly uploaded the wrong file in the heat of our live session. It's been updated to have the latest version. 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) nice way to spend the time in the airport, waiting for the outbound flight.

Super over-complicated compared to some of the solutions posted above

Spoiler
Did this in the 3 phases posted in the problem.     After looking at the other solutions I could have done this MUCH easier by using the power of the replace tool; and the ability for Text to Columns to ignore blank results.

Phase 1:
2018-06-08_14-14-15.png

Phase 2:
2018-06-08_14-14-47.png

Phase 3:
2018-06-08_14-16-09.png

trodriguez91
6 - Meteoroid

This was kind of cool to take a reference from the web and then utilize it when decoding data.

Spoiler
challenge119.jpg
trodriguez91
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
challenge119.jpg
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Not entirely sure if posting here is kosher, having had a big hand in designing this, but here's my solution :)

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Summited!