Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #116: A Symphony of Parsing Tools!

JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_116_jc.PNG
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

My solution for challenge #116.

My final output is around 6k rows for concerts from 2011-2017. Also I think the data has changed based on the comparison between the suggested solution and my solution. Now there are more concert dates whilst some concert dates have changed altogether.

Does anybody else have the same issue or maybe can you find if I am missing something?

Spoiler
Screenshot 2020-09-18 232106.png
danicahui
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Like others, I kept all the concerts so ended up with more records...
Challenge 116 2020-11-10.jpg
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

To avoid getting lost, I parsed them at several steps.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1606568711232.png

WernerE
8 - Asteroid

Also found more records as others did which includes all of 2011 which solution answer did not. Happy with my final output.

Spoiler
Screenshot_1.jpg
mpennington
11 - Bolide

Certainly qualifies as a challenge.  I highly recommend you sample the data after downloading to make building it out less painful.

Spoiler
MP 116.jpg
Sashikumar
8 - Asteroid

My Solution.

Spoiler
ch116.PNG
BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid

Great challenge. I opted not to use the XML Parse tool, which gave me a slightly more complex workflow but with the advantage of a 2 second runtime.  When I tried to run the flows people built using XML Parse it was taking forever, so I gave up.  Not sure if that's just my machine but they seemed to create 50GB+ of data.  Like others, I couldn't exactly replicate the answers but I went for just the first performance (and no interval) to get as close as I could

Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1624034133596.png

FredNajjar
9 - Comet

I am not a huge fan of XML parsing tool, but this challenge was heaps fun! 

Spoiler
image.png
tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

A great way to brush up on XML parsing.

Spoiler
tammybrown_tds_0-1626898884921.png