Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #116: A Symphony of Parsing Tools!

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I did it without the XML parser and was happy to see others use that tool so I could understand it better. I did notice that the XML Parser solutions I looked used a lot fewer tools but took a minute or two to run while mine takes 2.2 seconds. Then again mine took a couple of hours to build.

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I tried both RegEx and XML Parse tools and neither matched the given solution.  Looked at the downloaded data and there are discrepancies there, so I think the starting data is different now.  Kept the RegEx workflow as it is much faster.

Spoiler
Workflow 116.JPG

Inactive User
Not applicable

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler
12-11-2019 12-14-20.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

A large amount of effort went into parse this data, but when it's done it is very rewarding.

Spoiler
116.jpg
nini
8 - Asteroid

happy to learn about XML parse tool, thanks!

JamesCameron
8 - Asteroid

Here's my Effort. Doesn't quite match the provided answer, but as others have commented, it looks like the source data has changed slightly

Spoiler
JamesCameron_0-1579288524319.png
rmassambane
10 - Fireball

mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
2020-01-25 09_24_46-Greenshot.png