We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.
6/17/21: We have completed maintenance for the Search functionality on the Community. If you are seeing any issues, please try to clear your cache first. If the issue persists please email Community@alteryx.com

Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback

Challenge #116: A Symphony of Parsing Tools!

PhilipMannering
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

This was very tough. Not an xml parsing fan.

 

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
pjdit
8 - Asteroid

First time using the XML Parse tool.  had fun figuring out what settings to use for each section, but ended up pretty streamline compared to other solutions I'm seeing.

 

Spoiler
Challenge_116_Spoiler.JPG
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers!

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

My solution

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. Cache came in handy here.

 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 22.41.27.pngScreenshot 2018-12-28 at 22.41.33.png
justynam
8 - Asteroid

This was tough but very useful exercise.

My solution attached.

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

Spoiler
challenge_116.PNG
ipeng
8 - Asteroid

My solution. I don't think it is a beautiful one...

kelly_gilbert
12 - Quasar

Whew, this one was a workout! Good practice configuring parsing tools!

 

Spoiler

The solution retains only the first performance of each program (for example, the solution contains the 9/7/2011 performance of program 11640, but not the 9/8/2011 performance).
I parsed all concerts, but filtered out all but the first.

The given solution removes first intermissions, but not all intermissions (for example, Program ID = 12104 and Piece ID = 7955*.
I removed all intermissions.

The given solution converts the soloist list to V_String (rather than V_WString), so some special characters are lost (example: Program ID = 13872, Piece ID = 2663*).
I used a V_WString field type to retain the special characters.

Spoiler

challenge_116_workflow1.PNG


challenge_116_workflow2.PNG