Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #116: A Symphony of Parsing Tools!

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

This was very tough. Not an xml parsing fan.

 

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

First time using the XML Parse tool.  had fun figuring out what settings to use for each section, but ended up pretty streamline compared to other solutions I'm seeing.

 

Spoiler
Challenge_116_Spoiler.JPG
Highlighted
11 - Bolide

Cheers!

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Here's my solution. Cache came in handy here.

 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 22.41.27.pngScreenshot 2018-12-28 at 22.41.33.png
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

This was tough but very useful exercise.

My solution attached.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_116.PNG
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

My solution. I don't think it is a beautiful one...

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

Whew, this one was a workout! Good practice configuring parsing tools!

 

Spoiler

The solution retains only the first performance of each program (for example, the solution contains the 9/7/2011 performance of program 11640, but not the 9/8/2011 performance).
I parsed all concerts, but filtered out all but the first.

The given solution removes first intermissions, but not all intermissions (for example, Program ID = 12104 and Piece ID = 7955*.
I removed all intermissions.

The given solution converts the soloist list to V_String (rather than V_WString), so some special characters are lost (example: Program ID = 13872, Piece ID = 2663*).
I used a V_WString field type to retain the special characters.

Spoiler

challenge_116_workflow1.PNG


challenge_116_workflow2.PNG