Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #116: A Symphony of Parsing Tools!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
I made use of @jdunkerley79's XMLInput which I previously wrapped into a generic macro so it could get the xml all parsed. I like working with it because it gets to the most granular level and breaks everything out. I split the needed fields into 3 different buckets based upon what level of the xml they're at and whether i need to take the first entry or concatenate them.
Capture.PNG
joe_yang
6 - Meteoroid

snapshot.PNG

My End Goal was one pipeline that is simple and easy to understand without too many joins, prepping, and transforming since the input data is in a nice and clean flat file.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Natasha @joe_yang It's impressive how you were able to use so few tools....

AdityaSardeshpande
6 - Meteoroid

I noticed that in the expected output, only 1 concert info was read per program ID.

I however have read first 2 concert info and as  such have more rows than expected.

*This is the first time , I am using XML parse and would appreciate your feedback.

Solution_116.JPG

MMehdi
8 - Asteroid

Challenge 116 done

Spoiler
Workflow - challenge #116Workflow - challenge #116
joe_yang
6 - Meteoroid

I think Aditya has a good point here because one Program can have many showings of the same concert which can land on different days and times.  If the Times and Dates of these showings are important to the case, I've gone ahead and corrected my workflow to include the additional showings:

Final2.PNG

GalynaSkamrova
7 - Meteor

My Solution

Spoiler
2018-05-17_09h02_13.jpg
AdityaSardeshpande
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you joe_yang !

KevinW
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I got the data to match except for program ID 12104 piece 7955* - if you look at the interval information this is the second intermission - not sure why it has a piece ID in the XML.  my data did not have this line as I stripped out the intermissions but the output does.

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution!

Spoiler

Got a little picky on this one with the summarization of composers, conductors, soloists, works & movements - I didn't want to see the same one listed twice in the details if that program had more than 1 of the same work/person. So my results probably don't match exactly, but a cursory review looks pretty decent!

WeeklyChallenge116.JPG

Cheers!

NJ