community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #115: Let's get crafty!

Great practice!

Spoiler
Challenge 115 Spoiler.png
Quasar

...and now I want a beer.  This one is excellent app practice.

Spoiler
Workflow 115.GIF

Meteoroid

Lesson Learned: Check your drop down's external file input to make sure the "Values" column is the same data type as your filter tool needs.

Spoiler
RL_Challenge_115_app.PNG

Asteroid

Love craft beers and now apps. 

My only question is that to populate the list of values, is there a way to do that by just having all the beer types / values in two columns, or even one column? The crosstabbing was not super intuitive to me and I had to look at the answer to figure that part out. 

image.png

Thanks, 

Ken 

Meteoroid

I love the other solutions much better than mine but it was a good intro into radio and drop downs

Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
115..png

Here is my solution

Alteryx Certified Partner

I learnt from @patrick_digan his result that we can work with questions as if they were global values using "%Question.NameofTool%" which is pretty cool.

Also I now fully understand cascading applications as @kat her result showed my there's a menu where you can input an image.

Great lessons

Spoiler
115.png
Alteryx Partner

Asteroid
Spoiler
115.PNG