community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #115: Let's get crafty!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Learn't alot about how to use the radio buttons properly here! I just wish I was a clever as @patrick_digan

Spoiler
115.PNG
Quasar

Good challenge.  Again with learning! My first chained app!

Spoiler
@mmongeon  Chained app generates the list dynamically

Start app generates the style list from the input and then calls the main app

Solution 115 Start App.png

The Main app provides the UI and presents the results.  Style selection dropdown reads the list from the DB output by the Start App.  Interface control nesting and Detour tool used here for the first time!! woohoo
Solution 115 Main App.png

Dan

Asteroid

Challenge Completed

Bolide

Ah!!! Here's the one I forgot to post about.

Spoiler
Used radio buttons and a true/false with two filters to drive the choice of how to filter. Also created headings for the report based on whether data was filtered by state or style

Noticed a few repetitions, so threw in a unique tool to be on the safe side. This app creates a temporary HTML file

Salud!!!!image.png
Quasar

My first app and I learnt a lot! The new interactive training modules on Apps also helped me a lot. Thanks Christine! Really enjoyed this challenge and was very relieved when I finally got it to work. 

Asteroid

Cheers! Thanks for posting!

Solution attached. 

Spoiler
challenge_115_spoiler_KO.png

this was a fun exercise! 

Spoiler
ch115.png

Here's my solution with pdf output... fancy.

Spoiler
Challenge 115 - Capture.PNGAppChallenge 115 - Output.PNGOutput
Asteroid

here is my solution:) cheers..