Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #114: Think Like a CSE...Remove the extra delimiter from the JSON output

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Solution attached

Spoiler
I recognized pretty quickly that the problem was using the JSON option in the Output Data tool and tried a few other formats. I couldn't figure out how to use CSV to output the file (now I know to use \0 as the delimiter) so I just changed the column size to accommodate a flat file export and changed the output type to flat.
dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

That was surprisingly easy...

Spoiler
It has a JSON structure already, so let's save it as text.It has a JSON structure already, so let's save it as text.

Cannot upload files to the gallery, so here's the link (https://github.com/dsmdavid/Alteryx-Weekly-Challenge/blob/master/submitted/sub_Challenge%23114/solve...

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
The worklow looked to be doing what was expected right up to the output tool, so played around with the configuration in there. I don't understand why the json output puts in the extra backslashes, but hey this works....

Challenge_114.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Now I know to spot this when a customer comes to me with it!

Spoiler
Week 114.PNG
KevinH1992
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
Changing the save output to csv with deliminted works for me also.  
piotrzawistowski
8 - Asteroid

This is the solution which I don't like.

viveknshah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

I cross checked other solutions to make sure I wasnt treating this too trivially. Phew! for csv

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Tricky!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

pretty easy so it seems

Spoiler
output to csv without any delimiter and don't forget to group by record ID within the Build JSON tooloutput to csv without any delimiter and don't forget to group by record ID within the Build JSON tool
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 114 is done!

Spoiler
challenge 114 JMS solution.PNG