Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #114: Think Like a CSE...Remove the extra delimiter from the JSON output

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached. Thanks!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This made me chuckle as I recently had this exact problem with a workflow I developed for an fs company. After much forehead table action I stumbled upon a post in the community (sorry, can't find it to give due credit) which gave me the simplest of solutions:

Spoiler
This is handled perfectly by the csv output when set to \0 delimiter (ensure you untick the "First Row Contains Field Names" field):

Config.PNG

result.PNG

A true lightbulb moment from that community hero who shall forever remain nameless (please, someone tell me).

Bulien

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

it's a head-scratcher, all right! Like several people, I had to turn to the community for help on this one.  Good tip though.  

Spoiler
Shows that even a tool as innocuous as the output tool has hidden complexity

Solution 114.png

Dan

KrishnaK
6 - Meteoroid

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Attached.

Spoiler
Initially tried csv, but thought that can't be it... then I looked at others' posts. True story.
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

For some reason the JSON file output repeats the formatting...  

Was able to do it in 2 ways... use a flat file (but those are limited to 64k) or write with a null delimiter  \0

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers!

PrivateStorm
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Save as CSV with these settings then change file extension of output to json.

challenge-114-csv.PNG

I use this same hack to create ICS calendar files.