Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #114: Think Like a CSE...Remove the extra delimiter from the JSON output

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thanks, @DiganP! That does help illustrate why one works better than the other... do you happen to have any good resources for learning a bit more about the basics of JSON - where it's commonly used, best practices for prepping/formatting data, etc.? I appreciate the help!

Cheers,

NJ

dominiklz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
quick and dirty fix, just write in another raw text format ensuring to leave out all noise from that format, I picked .csv without delimiters and fieldnames

wow, that was a fast one, curious to browse through other peoples solutions

kartheek31
6 - Meteoroid

My solution is same as everyone,   even I got this knowledge from the community

Thanks 

Kartheek

Vijuzy
8 - Asteroid

After reading challenge I thought I need to spend more time on this, then realized not all problems are complex as it sound :) 

Spoiler
Just change the file format, why to format already formatted data...

Capture.PNG

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

This one seems deceptively easy, but the solution already in the community supports it, so I'll just run with an easy challenge

Spoiler
Change the output type to CSV, no delimiter. That eliminates the possibility of anything wonky being inserted.
GalynaSkamrova
7 - Meteor

My solution is pretty much the same

Spoiler
2018-05-09_09h51_21.png
terry10
11 - Bolide

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Solved this like many of the folk above - was glad to see @NicoleJohnson 's solution

Spoiler

I just changed the file type to CSV and that gets rid of the \ issue - was glad to see Nicole's post about just using the JSON output up front without all the other complexity.

StevenBetts
8 - Asteroid

Thank goodness for the community on this one! :)

Spoiler
Challenge 114.jpg
DawnR
8 - Asteroid

Done!