Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #113: Interpolating Spatial Grid Values

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

A non-spatial solution for me.  I'll have to come back and try the spatial route

Spoiler
Solution 113.png

Dan

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_113_spoiler_KO.png
CHarrison
8 - Asteroid

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Fun one :-)

I use a buffer around the 0 values & then spatial match (touch or intersect), to avoid problem when the missing value is located on the edge (even if not the case in this exercise)

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution - enjoyed this one.

Spoiler
Not sure if I made things harder for myself by not using the spatial tools, but I didn't see the value in this case.

Screenshot 2018-12-27 at 22.08.51.png

Approach based on the below rough notes made when I first examined the problem:

Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 15.28.15.png

Always feels like an easier task once I've got the logic written out, but maybe that's just the way my brain works!
JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

That was a very interesting and unique challenge!

Spoiler
challenge_113.PNG
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

This was a fun one, and not too tough. It had a little bit of spatial, a little bit of data prep, and a little bit of data reshaping!

Spoiler
I was going to do this using sequential row and column numbers, but figured that I should use a spatial tool since this is a spatial challenge!

challenge_113_workflow.PNG
RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

My solution