Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #112: Organizing Survey Data

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution. I didn't want to retype all the Field Names in a Select so I have a few extra tools to grab the questions then just edited the first couple.

Spoiler
2019-05-01_23-26-42.jpg

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

oof, it turned out to be a monster for me... but it gets things done!

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

My approaches a) Using nested macros--just because; b) Transpose+Crosstab + a good number of tools just to (dynamically) get the names right...

Spoiler
1. Two approaches1. Two approaches2. Output of nested macros2. Output of nested macros3. Output of transpose+crosstab+renaming3. Output of transpose+crosstab+renaming

Still unable to upload files to the gallery... My approach is here: https://github.com/dsmdavid/Alteryx-Weekly-Challenge/tree/master/submitted/sub_Challenge%23112

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This was a tricky one!

Week 112.PNG

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This was a tricky one!

Week 112.PNG

wale_ilori
9 - Comet

We tackled this problem at our monthly user group meeting yesterday and here is my solution. My emphasis here is on simplicity to show step by step transformations in the workflow.

AlteryxWC112 - Solution (WAILOR).PNG

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

We gathered yesterday for our Phoenix User Group to solve this challenge.

It looks like questions 1 & 2 have a similar format and need the column headers to be renamed; question 3 has the advantage of having the column header name already available. All other questions need to be first split using the colon as delimeter.

Spoiler
2019-06-19_12-27-15.jpg
Vidya26
8 - Asteroid

My solutions

bdelarosa
8 - Asteroid

my solution

bdelarosa
8 - Asteroid

Ahh that makes so much sense, with your notes. I went the way to long super way around it, I now see where I can most definitely shorten this a ton. I usually try to get the solution done anyway anyhow without peeking at solutions, then go back and see how dumb I did it. But I guess that's how you learn.

survey.png