Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #112: Organizing Survey Data

bdaniels
8 - Asteroid

petgrap
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Spoiler

Challenge 112.JPG

AdityaSardeshpande
6 - Meteoroid

My First Weekly Challenge. I tried using the MultiField Formula with Regex but, being completely new to Regex it was taking a lot of time.

So I moved on to a different approach. Here I got stuck at how to loop the Text to Column tool for several columns and spent quite some time trying to create a macro.

Finally, i just randomly tried the Summarize tool and got it working. This was fun and I will try to contribute regularly.

Great way to learn new stuff !!

-Aditya S

yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

My solution, though I agree that it isnt the shortest.

mmongeon
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution.

Spoiler
Could have been a bit shorter if I had used a Record Id instead of the New Column names, especially since I ended up renaming my columns to get rid of the underscore characters...
But overall I feel this is a pretty optimal solution
workflow 112.JPG

FameAsser
6 - Meteoroid

My first ever attempt at one of these - I am a very basic user but I enjoyed this one

Spoiler
Alteryx112.png

Would greatly appreciate any feedback on this from anyone

GalynaSkamrova
7 - Meteor

My version:

Spoiler
2018-05-09_12h41_44.png
GalynaSkamrova
7 - Meteor

My version:

Spoiler
2018-05-09_12h41_44.png
terry10
11 - Bolide

I stubbornly didn't want to manually rename columns in select boxes, so I learned to use the SWITCH function and some other data manipulations to generate the column headers. 

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. I'm sure it can be done in fewer tools but I quite enjoyed being in the "flow" of solving this one and ended up dragging in tools like a crazy person.

Spoiler
challenge_112_JL.png