Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #112: Organizing Survey Data

bdaniels
8 - Asteroid

petgrap
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Spoiler

Challenge 112.JPG

AdityaSardeshpande
6 - Meteoroid

My First Weekly Challenge. I tried using the MultiField Formula with Regex but, being completely new to Regex it was taking a lot of time.

So I moved on to a different approach. Here I got stuck at how to loop the Text to Column tool for several columns and spent quite some time trying to create a macro.

Finally, i just randomly tried the Summarize tool and got it working. This was fun and I will try to contribute regularly.

Great way to learn new stuff !!

-Aditya S

yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

My solution, though I agree that it isnt the shortest.

mmongeon
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution.

Spoiler
Could have been a bit shorter if I had used a Record Id instead of the New Column names, especially since I ended up renaming my columns to get rid of the underscore characters...
But overall I feel this is a pretty optimal solution
workflow 112.JPG

FameAsser
6 - Meteoroid

My first ever attempt at one of these - I am a very basic user but I enjoyed this one

Spoiler
Alteryx112.png

Would greatly appreciate any feedback on this from anyone

GalynaSkamrova
7 - Meteor

My version:

Spoiler
2018-05-09_12h41_44.png
GalynaSkamrova
7 - Meteor

My version:

Spoiler
2018-05-09_12h41_44.png
terry10
11 - Bolide

I stubbornly didn't want to manually rename columns in select boxes, so I learned to use the SWITCH function and some other data manipulations to generate the column headers. 

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. I'm sure it can be done in fewer tools but I quite enjoyed being in the "flow" of solving this one and ended up dragging in tools like a crazy person.

Spoiler
challenge_112_JL.png