Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #111: Make a Weekly Challenge Dream Team!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Thanks god for the Fantasy football workflow otherwise I never would have figured out how to use the optimisation tool!

Sucks that i didn't even make the cut for my own team!

Spoiler
111.PNG
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Thanks god for the Fantasy football workflow otherwise I never would have figured out how to use the optimisation tool!

Sucks that i didn't even make the cut for my own team!

Spoiler
111.PNG
jezknee
7 - Meteor

Solution attached.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Loving Linear Programming and the optimization tool now that I know they exist. I managed to get a team that could solve 685 problems between them. 

See my team below

Spoiler
jamielaird
SeanAdams
samN
jasperlch
LandonG
nick_ceneviva
CHarrison
alex

Here's my workflow

Spoiler
Challenge 111 - Capture.PNG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

I used a value per player model and simply added them up until I reached $1.5M.  It's interesting that this method and the optimisation method that several others have used, generate the same team.

Team.pngtotals.png

Spoiler
Solution 111.png

Dan

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My team got a total of 685 challenges. Fun challenge!

challenge dream team.png

JoBen
11 - Bolide

This was a fun one! I attempted to come up with a greedy approximation algorithm. Cheers!

Spoiler
Here was the batch macro I created to solve for each author. I then brought this back into my workflow and took the top record with the most challenges completed. 

Challenge_111.png
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

My top team was 675 challenges...

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

685 combined challenges... of course if this was more recent, then yours truly would be included :)

Spoiler
Dream Team.JPG