Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #111: Make a Weekly Challenge Dream Team!

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Tough choice... 685 challenges if I'm not part of the team...or 681 if I am. Plus, 5k to spare in beers AND having @MarqueeCrew in my team?... seems like a no brainer...

Spoiler
1.Optimised solution1.Optimised solution2.Optimised solution with me in the team2.Optimised solution with me in the team3. WF optimisation3. WF optimisation

Still unable to upload files to the community... so this is my wf: https://github.com/dsmdavid/Alteryx-Weekly-Challenge/blob/master/submitted/sub_Challenge%23111/solve...

TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
111. Data Analysis.PNG

I tried the brute force method but Alteryx said nope! the duplication was causing 20GB of data before even reaching the final append. So, I opted for finding out how to use the optimisation tool as others did. Specifically I used @jamielaird's example and his workflow.

685 was the number!
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution. It iook some time to figure out how to configure the Optimization tool ...

Spoiler
13-08-_2019_10-37-50.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Very nice way to learn optimisation 🙂
Although I still find it challenging what to do if I wanted to optimise based on outcome variables 😛

Fun to see that I still had tackled 11 challenges at that point, so I guess I'm catching up 😄

Spoiler
111.png
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Please find my solution attached

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

First time using the Optimisation tool 🙂 Thanks @PhilipMannering for the excellent blog on it

Spoiler
Challenge 111.png

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I've been a fan of the optimization tool since the Knapsack challenge (which for me was last week) so that was my first choice here. Of course I got 685. 

Spoiler
I first tried this by minimizing rank. Then I went back to the problem and realized we were trying to maximize games won and then got 685.
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Workflow:

Spoiler
Workflow 111.JPG

Results:

Spoiler

Results 111.JPG

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Optimization Solution attached.