community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #111: Make a Weekly Challenge Dream Team!

Alteryx Partner

Tough choice... 685 challenges if I'm not part of the team...or 681 if I am. Plus, 5k to spare in beers AND having @MarqueeCrew in my team?... seems like a no brainer...

Spoiler
bestOutput.PNG1.Optimised solutionmyTeam.PNG2.Optimised solution with me in the teamwf.PNG3. WF optimisation

Still unable to upload files to the community... so this is my wf: https://github.com/dsmdavid/Alteryx-Weekly-Challenge/blob/master/submitted/sub_Challenge%23111/solve...

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
111. Data Analysis.PNG

I tried the brute force method but Alteryx said nope! the duplication was causing 20GB of data before even reaching the final append. So, I opted for finding out how to use the optimisation tool as others did. Specifically I used @jamielaird's example and his workflow.

685 was the number!

My solution. It iook some time to figure out how to configure the Optimization tool ...

Spoiler
13-08-_2019_10-37-50.png

Very nice way to learn optimisation
Although I still find it challenging what to do if I wanted to optimise based on outcome variables

Fun to see that I still had tackled 11 challenges at that point, so I guess I'm catching up

Spoiler
111.png
Alteryx Partner

Please find my solution attached

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

First time using the Optimisation tool Thanks @PhilipMannering for the excellent blog on it

Spoiler
Challenge 111.png

Alteryx
Alteryx

I've been a fan of the optimization tool since the Knapsack challenge (which for me was last week) so that was my first choice here. Of course I got 685. 

Spoiler
I first tried this by minimizing rank. Then I went back to the problem and realized we were trying to maximize games won and then got 685.
Bolide

Workflow:

Spoiler
Workflow 111.JPG

Results:

Spoiler

Results 111.JPG

Asteroid

Optimization Solution attached.

Spoiler
21-10-2019 13-35-52.png21-10-2019 13-35-31.png
Alteryx Partner