community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #111: Make a Weekly Challenge Dream Team!

Asteroid

Ughh, I spent a lot of time trying to get it - Alteryx kept giving me some strange errors.

Then finally I disconnected Optimization tool and connected it again. And suddenly everything started to work :-)

Anyway, it was a good exercise to find out how to use Optimization tool

Highlighted

this was trickier than I had expected, but it was definitely cool to be able to solve a system of hundreds of equations by using the optimize tool. 

the tool is definitely not easy to configure, but having this as a reference (translating the equations to the tool inputs) may help!

:-)

Asteroid

My solution is pretty similar to many others...

Spoiler
I recently updated Alteryx Designer, so I haven't jumped through all of the IT hoops yet to get the predictive tools reinstalled. Therefore, I went with the heuristic approach! In this case, it yields the same results as the optimal solution.

challenge_111_result_team.PNG
challenge_111_result_count.PNG

challenge_111_workflow.PNG

Meteor

Really great challenge to learn how to use the optimization tool!  I am glad others posted a link to the Fantasy Baseball example to be able to better understand what the inputs to the Optimization tool needed to be.  It was very helpful.

Spoiler
Challenge 111 Screenshot.JPG
Asteroid

Hi! Here my solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_111.PNG
Asteroid

First time using the Optimization tool and definitely won't be the last!

Spoiler
challenge_111.PNG
Asteroid

My solution attached.

This challenge is very similar to the baseball player lineup one in the past, but simpler. 

Optimization tool rocks!