Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #110: Think Like a CSE...Reduce the manual inputs!

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

Good macro practice!

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Somehow it did not get my final file...

PrivateStorm
8 - Asteroid

Attached is my solution to challenge #110.

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Here my solution

Thanks!

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_110.PNG
hanykowska
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Slightly changed the original macro (added the date selection tools) and created a batch macro from the original flow. Then build a new small workflow:
ch110(2).PNGch110(1).PNG
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
Simple solution:
I added a condition to swap the Start and End dates in the filter if the user entered them backward (e.g. 7/1/2019 for the start date and 6/1/2019 for the end date).

Also, I assumed that the calendar input was necessary (and we couldn't just generate the list of dates between Start and End using a Generate Rows tool). 

challenge_110_solution_klg_1.PNG

Form:

challenge_110_form.PNG

Batch marco solution (to process each day individually:
I don't really understand the use case for this (why you would need to process each date separately), but here it is!

challenge_110_solution_klg_2.PNG

challenge_110_batch_macro.PNG

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

I was expecting to make a macro, but I've made an app instead!

I'm not quite sure I understand the bonus question. I did some transposing and dynamic renaming so you get a line of data per date with multiple previous dates (if you type multiple dates into the app). But I wondered if this was a batch macro thing... Looking forward to seeing what others have done!

Challenge 110 app image.PNG

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Ok updated now to incorporate a batch macro. I'm not sure it adds any value, but good practice in an area where I need it!