community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #110: Think Like a CSE...Reduce the manual inputs!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Good macro practice!

Asteroid

Here is my solution

Asteroid

Somehow it did not get my final file...

Asteroid

Attached is my solution to challenge #110.

Asteroid

Here my solution

Thanks!

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_110.PNG
Asteroid
Spoiler
Slightly changed the original macro (added the date selection tools) and created a batch macro from the original flow. Then build a new small workflow:
ch110(2).PNGch110(1).PNG
Fireball
Spoiler
Simple solution:
I added a condition to swap the Start and End dates in the filter if the user entered them backward (e.g. 7/1/2019 for the start date and 6/1/2019 for the end date).

Also, I assumed that the calendar input was necessary (and we couldn't just generate the list of dates between Start and End using a Generate Rows tool). 

challenge_110_solution_klg_1.PNG

Form:

challenge_110_form.PNG

Batch marco solution (to process each day individually:
I don't really understand the use case for this (why you would need to process each date separately), but here it is!

challenge_110_solution_klg_2.PNG

challenge_110_batch_macro.PNG

Asteroid

I was expecting to make a macro, but I've made an app instead!

I'm not quite sure I understand the bonus question. I did some transposing and dynamic renaming so you get a line of data per date with multiple previous dates (if you type multiple dates into the app). But I wondered if this was a batch macro thing... Looking forward to seeing what others have done!

Challenge 110 app image.PNG

Asteroid

Ok updated now to incorporate a batch macro. I'm not sure it adds any value, but good practice in an area where I need it!